So 2020 is another long year. This past year was honestly pretty great. It started pretty rocky, learning how to live with my partner for the first time and just going on job interviews for months. It end up turning into a year of stability, getting into a pattern with work, the apartment, my partner. However, moving forward HeaI worry that it may turn into a year of stagnation. When things are easy it’s so easy to just not do anything. So moving forward these goals are about moving into a year of growth.
- Put 4-5 grand into savings, I will probably have to buy a new car in the next two years.
- Let my partner help me sign up for a credit card
- Spend less money of things and more money on activities
- Attend a networking event
- Reconnect with some old political contacts
- Take the GRE (and seriously consider grad school)
- Stretch everyday
- Get 8 hours of sleep a night there is a no reason not to at the moment.
- Eat a vegetable every day! (This one will be the hardest)
- Go out of the house on dates once a month
- Watch more movies, try to watch one a week
- Make active time to hang out with friends like a human being.
- Journal everyday in some form.
- Try two different forms of drafting for my fiction writing
- I’m sticking with my 3 posts a month for this next year. I didn’t technically hit it but it was largely due to computer issues. (Stretch goal: once a week)
- I am planning on committing to the Around the Year in 52 books challenge group on goodreads. There are a lot of cool prompts that should hopefully get me out of my comfort zone.
- Finish more series
- Feel less guilty about re-reads
What are your goals for the new year and the new decade?