It is almost here, coming on March 25th to Netflix will be Bridgerton Season 2. After Season 1 went viral at the end of 2020.This series is based on the best selling romance novels by Julia Quinn, each book and now season following one of the Bridgerton siblings love stories. This season is based on my personal favorite “The Viscount Who Loved Me”. However, the series expands past the books to maintain stories for all the siblings and other major characters until time comes for their book. I wanted to share my predictions for what will be added or changed in the story for the upcoming season. What do you think will happen and are you planning on watching?
- Edwina acknowledges Kate and Anthony’s connection to Mary or we see that she has a better connection with other suitors and the sacrifice she is making for the family before the bee scene.
- Francesca is in at least two episodes (especially because she gets married for the first time in the same season as Benedict).
- Eloise and Edwina bond over wanting to pursue scholarship and higher education.
- The Cheese couple (Finch and Phillipa) get married.
- Kate bonds with the Bridgertons after the wedding.
- We see Anthony pick up the trumpet.
- Eloise’s love interest will effect the Featheringtons.
- Colin shows some anger towards Lady Whistledown in front of Penelope.
- Daphne and Violet argue about how to best parent Daphne and Simon’s son.
- The season ends with the masquerade ball or at least the planning of it.
Sweet Magnolias Season Two premiered last week, before it did I made some predictions. I wanted check-in about how right or wrong I was. I was pretty wrong about a couple things. There will be spoilers in the rest of this post, so read with caution. I think this season worked, but tried for too many twists. The season was packed full and I think started more storylines than it finished. I hope the wait for season 3 isn’t as long, considering the sheer number of cliffhangers. Were you surprised by this season?
Annie was the other passenger in the car, but she wasn’t badly hurt.
- This twist of it being Nellie was exciting and promising, but then it didn’t go anywhere, so ultimately it felt disappointing.
Dana Sue reconnects with her ex-husband but they don’t get back together.
- I was happy to be wrong about this. I think that this was really realistic. I loved the portrayal of counseling, accountability, and anger. It ended up being one of my favorite storylines of the season.
- Helen and Erik go on an actual date and Helen gets some
- Erik and Helen have an very tense conversation about kids.
- This was not as tense as I was hoping. It was actually a couple really lovely moments throughout the season.
Noreen and the baby leave Serenity for good.
- This was so well set up. There was a farewell to Noreen and a perfect shove out the door for JLS. AND THEN THEY DIDN”T GO THROUGH WITH IT!
Maddie and Cal get engaged
- …I did not see the end of this season coming. I actually don’t know how they are going to recover from this
- CeCe breaks up with Ty.
- My girl! I was so proud of her. I was so impressed by CeCe’s character development throughout both seasons. I am glad they let her stand up for herself and say she deserved to be someone’s first choice and relationship that was worth fixing. Also CeCe saying Ty likes Annie made me scream with glee.
- Kyle and Ty bond over hating Annie’s new love interest (my money is on Jackson).
- I am going to count this as correct because we got a lot of Kyle and Tyler bonding and fixing their relationship. As well as, a Jackson and Annie’s new romance, which ended up being quite sweet.
Mary Vaughn is Isaac’s mom, but we do not find out who his father is this season.
- This wasn’t correct. Isaac’s mom reveal made sense, the dad reveal didn’t. In general, the father reveal just compounded into the writing problems. They took Bill and the Vaughns and instead of making them developed characters every bad or slightly negative thing got made their fault. I actually don’t think Bill did anything super wrong considering he had no idea that a pregnancy even occurred and reacted better than Peggy, but he was already the “villian”.
- Trotter gets the screen time he deserves, including a double date with him, Ashley, Cal, and Maddie.
- Trotter did get more screen time, but the star of this season was Dr. Howie. I am glad that Trotter and Ashley both got a solid screen time and are now the model, stable couple of the series.