Making meals is hard and planning ahead when grocery shopping can feel really overwhelming. This a quick and easy one-pot meal that tastes delicious, costs minimal amounts while being made of mostly pantry staples, and is a relatively balanced meal. Let me know what your go to easy meal is!
- One box shell noodle Mac&Cheese (store brand: $1 per box)
- One can tuna fish (roughly $1.50)
- 1/2 a cup of frozen peas ($1.50 per package)
- 1-2 tbsp. Butter
- 1-2 tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp (2/3 shakes) dried Thyme
- Boil water for mac and cheese and cook noodles according to directions. With 5 minutes left on cooking time add the frozen peas to the pot.
- Strain noodles and peas into colander. Pour back into to pot add butter and coat noodles and peas.
- Add in tuna, mayo, and lemon juice and combine well.
- Pour in cheese packet from box, thyme, and add pepper to taste.