I have done my yearly goals on this blog for the past several years. While for the most part I have stuck to them I think announcing goals into the void can help hold myself accountable. After this past calendar year it feels impossible to prepare for the world that is coming, like it will continue to zig and zag in every direction (murder hornets anyone?). I feel like it is impossible to plan anything, but these goals are mostly small and habit oriented.
- We moved into a new apartment this year but it has been hard to feel like home. I don’t know if this is because of the stress, due to being unable to explore the neighborhood, or because we are messy. I really want to start making more of an effort:
- Add all pictures to the walls and more home decor
- Start our herb garden
- Sweep every other day
- I am very lucky that this year I kept my job in a year of mass layoffs. I also gained a lot of responsibilities to my position and started attended networking events within the position. I still want to look for ways to find a solid career path towards figuring out what I want to do forever by:
- Create a list of recommendations
- Actively network in work and with our partners
- Start taking graduate school classes
- I got weird in terms of health this year. Between stress, family issues, and lockdowns it has been hard to be, let alone feel healthy. However, I am regularly drinking water and taking vitamins and moving my body everyday. This year I hope to go one step further:
- Eat at least one cup of vegetables everyday
- Sleep at least 7 hours a night
- Find an exercise that works for 1 hours a week
- Reading is basically my number one hobby. I read a lot, I read about 140 something books this past year and bought a bunch as well. I did better on diversifying my reading, as well as intentionally reading more LGBTQ+ books. I want to continue to grow and be more in this space as it is what I truly enjoy.
- Read 120 books over the year
- Read at least one non-fiction book every month
- Participate and complete (1) the Around the Year book challenge on Goodreads
- Put my money where my mouth is and have at least 1 of every 2 books I buy be authored by a person of color.
- I truly love baking and want to start baking at least once a month, if not more.
- Connect with friends more frequently
- Go back to therapy (this could be in health but truly has more to do with follow through than anything else)
Let me know if you have any goals for the upcoming year. Happy 2021!