So I saw this and thought it was a fun idea. I try my best to read books I’m going to like but I think that these will be some of the top of the year. These are also books I own and am planning on reading in the coming months. I’ll follow up when I have read them all and let you know if I was right or not.
- The Deep by Rivers Solomon – I am reading this soon for a book discussion group. I am really excited it sounds like a unique take on Mermaids and I am excited about the author.
- Mistborn: The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson – I have technically already started this one but I’m on chapter 2 (so it counts). I have heard a lot of good things and my partner got it for me. Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson is also one of my all-time favorites.
- Men Explain Things To Me by Rebecca Solnit – I’ve been on a non-fiction kick and it seems up my alley.
- St Lucy’s Home for Girls Raised by Wolves by Karen Russell – I genuinely know so little about this book but I feel so drawn to that I am excited in these stories.
- A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles – This is our family’s book club pick this month. I have heard nothing but good things from people I trust and seems like gentle historical fiction.