So it is about midyear which means the year is about half way over. This to me is just bizarre but maybe it’s because I wasn’t working and mostly just home for 3 months before I was employed. I thought I would check in with the goals I made through out the year and see what I have accomplished, what is still feasible, and what to adjust.
- I went to my friends wedding which you can learn about here.
- Have not gotten a credit card yet but it is harder than I expected to choose a bank
- Cooking is going well but it is hard to practice as much as I want cause my partner is such a good cook and makes a lot of our dinners.
- For the second half of the year I’m going to focus on cooking more often and learning a new recipe once a month, not twice.
- GOT A JOB! Just had my three month review and feel confident in the job for a while.
- I have had 2 public speaking engagements and hope to have more this year
- I attended no networking events… I am very afraid to meet new people and make these new connections event though I should
- I have stuck very well to not buying pre-made desserts though sometimes my partner buys me a treat which is nice. Still trying to stick to this goal, but need to purchase more baking gear.
- One meatless meal a week has proven to be much less of a problem than I had anticipated.
- I really sucked at my water goal but two weeks ago I bought a waterbottle (honestly this was shocking)
- The new goal is to finish one everyday (32 oz.)
- So I have been doing a lot of work writing but my person writing has definitely fallen by the wayside.
- Goal for the rest of the year is to edit two short stories and finish a rough draft of my novel that I have been planning for years
- Blogging has not been going as well as I wanted (most of the time I don’t hit three). I didn’t do a review for May’s book club as it was ender’s game and I didn’t have anything new to say. My goal is to re-up in the new year.
- I have read 67 books so far this year.
- One DNF
- My favorites so far this year:
- Bloodwitch by Susan Dennard
- The Forgotten Sisters by Shannon Hale
- The Fifth Season by N.K. Jemisin
- I was really well on my way to reducing unread book I owned by then of course I bought more.
- I have only read two 2019 releases but I am intending to read more in the back half of the year. They are more accessible in the library.
- I finished 4 (ish!) series but to be fair two were duologies. I am going to attempt now to finish 9 series.
Wish me luck in the back half of the year meeting all my goals!